Porridge is one of my all time favourite breakfasts. It’s healthy, filling and only takes a couple of minutes to make- what’s not to love? I’ve become quite the experimenter and love using plant based milks (such as almond, coconut or rice milk), nut butters and fruit to flavour my porridge. This recipe was my first ever porridge experiment and one that I’ve made numerous times since. Top it with whatever your fancy- fruit, yoghurt, granola or even more nut butter- for a delicious and healthy start to your day.
- 30g Porridge Oats
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- ½ Banana
- 200ml Almond Milk – add more if required
- Place the chia seeds in the saucepan with the milk and set aside for 10 mins. The chia seeds will expand.
- Mash the banana and add all remaining ingredients to the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on a medium heat and stir every so often so the porridge cooks through evenly, this should take no longer than five minutes
- Serve and enjoy. Top with live yoghurt and berries for a super healthy start to your day.