Healthy and delicious, these raw almond & maca bites are the perfect sweet treats. The superfood maca- which you can buy in the likes of Holland & Barrett, and more recently Aldi has introduced it in its wholefoods section at a very reasonable price – is a good all round health and energy booster. Its malty taste works well with the almond butter and chocolate coating as an indulgent healthy sweet treat. These are super easy to make, no food processor required and minimal washing up – winner!
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp ground almonds
2 tbsp maca powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g dark chocolate
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the chocolate, working together using the back of a large spoon pressing the ingredients together until it’s a smooth thick mix (it will be very wet).
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden before rolling into truffles.
- Spoon a one tbsp. of mix into the palms of your hands and roll into smooth balls.
- Place back in the fridge or freezer to keep hard while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass or stainless bowl over boiling water.
- Once melted, dip the bottom of a ball in the chocolate then place it on a fork while you spoon over a thick layer of chocolate covering the truffle fully. Place on a lined tray and place back in the fridge or freezer until completely set and enjoy!