For a quick and easy breakfast give this overnight tropical oats recipe a go! The tropical flavour comes from Babob powder, which has a sweet and citrusy flavour. Baobab is known as the super fruit of Africa’s tree of life, for its naturally high content of vitamin C, fibre and anti-oxidants. As although it’s quite expensive to buy, you only need a teaspoon per portion, and you can add it to lots of other recipes including smoothies. I love this recipe layered with Greek yoghurt and chunks of mango- plus it’s looks rather pretty if I do say so myself! I topped mine with a mango and coconut protein topper from Graze- the mango and passion fruit couli works really well with the tropical oats and I love the crunchiness from the protein topper, which is made up of coconut flakes, almond oats, barley granola and soya protein crispies – full of goodness and packed with protein! A quick look online and they seem to do a range of other yummy flavours – I definitely need to try the honeycomb and almond, how amazing does that sound? They also come in nifty 1-2 people portions, I think I’ll be ordering a few to take on holiday! Give it a go and tag me in your creation- I’d love to see how yours turns out.
- 80g Porridge Oats
- 200ml Coconut Water
- 20g Blanched Almonds (chopped or flaked)
- 4 tsp Baobab Powder
- Yoghurt for layering (I used Fage)
- Mango and Coconut Protein Topper (by Graze)
1. In a bowl mix together all ingredients apart from the yoghurt and protein topper. Cover and leave in fridge overnight to thicken.
2. The next morning layer with yoghurt and top with mango couli & coconut protein topper. Enjoy!