Another festive recipe, this time it’s something for breakfast – cranberry, orange and chocolate granola. Naturally sweetened usually just a little honey, it makes for a delicious and nutritious start to the day. I love mine sprinkled on a big bowl of warming porridge, with fresh fruit and greek yoghurt or even as a lazy fruit crumble topping for when I’m wanting a quick sweet treat fix.
100g mixed nuts
30g dried cranberries
20g pumpkin seeds
20g sunflower seeds
20g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tsp orange extract
1 small orange zested
1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place all nuts in the food processor and pulse for a few seconds, depending on how chunky you want to keep the mix. Alternatively chop finely or bash with a rolling pin.
- Remove the nuts from the food processor and stir in the jumbo oats and seeds.
- Melt the coconut oil with the honey and orange zest, then stir into the granola mix.
- Transfer mixture to a baking tray and place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until toasted. Stir mixture half way through cooking to ensure it is evenly toasted. Add the cranberries in the last ten minutes (or stir through afterwards).
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool (the mix will harden as it cools too). Stir through chocolate chunks. Store in an air tight container for one week.