Stop what you’re doing – you need to try out my recipe for these super fudgy, super chocolatey peanut butter avocado brownies. Yes, you heard right- avocado brownies! Brownies are normally packed with a tonne of butter, but in my recipe I’ve switched the up the butter for avocado which works SO well, giving them that delicious fudgy texture – not to mention it’s super nutritious too! Indulgent treats done right 😉
150g coconut sugar
200g dark choc
4 medium eggs
50g cacao powder
50g ground almond
Pinch Himalayan salt (or sub for table salt)
1 medium avocado
3 tbsp peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a brownie tin, roughly 20cm x 20cm, with a little coconut oil.
2. Using a hand mixer, mix together the coconut sugar and eggs until fluffy.
3. Melt the dark chocolate, setting aside a handful of chunks to sprinkle on top. Add the melted chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture while continuing to whisk.
4. In separate bowl, mix together the cacao powder, ground almonds and salt until thoroughly combined.
5. Mash the avocado very finely – or use a food processor if you have one. Add to the wet mix. Then mix in the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Fold through the peanuts- again keeping a handful for topping. Transfer mixture to the brownie tin. Roughly fold through the peanut butter. Top with the remaining chocolate and peanut chunks.
6. Bake in the oven for 30mins. Remove and allow to cool for another 30mins before slicing.