On the hunt for a new granola recipe? Well in my bid to channel all things pumpkin in the run up to Halloween I thought I would have to given a pumpkin spiced granola recipe a shot – which, by the way, tastes delicious! Similar to my other pumpkin recipes, you can use the flesh of your pumpkin (chopped up, steamed and mashed), or you can take a slightly easier route and used canned pumpkin purée, which you should find in the world foods section of most major supermarkets. Either way you will end up with a delicious tasting granola – perfect with greek yoghurt and fruit, or topping porridges (my fav!).
150g mixed nuts (Brazil, cashew, walnuts, almonds)
120g pumpkin purée
120g jumbo porridge oats
80g coconut oil
2tsp all spice (or more, if you like!)
- Preheat the oven to 140C.
- Place all nuts in the food processor and pulse for a few seconds, depending on how chunky you want to keep the mix.
- Remove the nuts from the food processor and stir in the jumbo oats, seeds and all spice.
- Melt the coconut oil with the honey, then stir into the granola mix.
- Transfer mixture to a baking tray and place in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until toasted. Stir mixture 2-3 times during cooking (approx every 10 minutes) to ensure it is evenly toasted. Add the raisins in the last ten minutes (or stir through afterwards).
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool (the mix will harden as it cools too). Store in an air tight container for one week.