An old time favourite which Lucy Bee has jazzed up with coconut oil and coconut sugar, and it works so well! My little sister made this cake for the family a few months back and I absolutely loved it, so I had to make another – and of course share the recipe with you. You can used fresh or frozen raspberries, although you may need to increase the cook time by a few extra minutes if you use frozen raspberries. Enjoy!
200g ground almonds
150g coconut oil, melted
140g coconut sugar
150g self raising flour
3 medium eggs
250g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
3 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, gas mark 4.
- Base-line and grease a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Mix the ground almonds, Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar, flour, and eggs in a food processor or use hand whisk until well combined.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top. Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread – you might find this easier to do with your fingers.
- Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for approximately 50 minutes, until golden and a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. If using frozen raspberries, it may need a little longer – upto 60 minutes.
Cool to remove from the tin. Store in an airtight container.