I was majorly craving something sweet at the weekend, without the effort of baking, having to wait for it to cook and cool down before I could tuck in. I found a recipe for raw chocolate brownies on Tesco RealFood which got me craving brownies! The best thing is they’re minimal effort, they don’t involve baking- simply pop the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until combined then make your chocolate topping. They’re ready to eat in around 20minutes – perfect or what? I’ve made quite a few alterations to the recipe, adding pistachios and goji berries to the mix, and making an unrefined chocolate topping. So here it is, my scrumptious version! Think chewy, fudgy brownies with a nutty crunch – Perfect with a cup of tea!
100g Dates, stones removed
50g Goji Berries
100g Almond Butter
50g Coconut Oil
1 1/2 tbsp Agave Nectar
50g Cacao Nibs
For the Chocolate Topping:
35g Coconut Oil
50g Cacao Powder
2-3 tbsp Maple Syrup
15g Goji Berries
1. Place almond and dates in a food processor and bliz.
2. Add all remaining brownie ingredients and blitz until thoroughly combined
3. Spoon the mixture into a brownie tin and place in the freezer while you make the chocolate topping
4. In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the coconut oil with maple syrup. Take off the heat and stir in the cacao powder.
5. Smooth melted chocolate mixture over the top of the brownies and sprinkle with crushed pistachio nuts and chopped goji berries.
6. Place in freezer for five minutes to set. Cut into squares and enjoy. Store in the fridge for upto one week.