Pack in your greens with this super lean, green soup. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner- I love mine served with a chunk of rye soda bread. Delicious!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 handfuls fresh or frozen peas
- 700ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 250g baby spinach
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and sweat the onion until translucent. Add the broccoli and peas to the pan and cook for 5 mins, then add the stock – the vegetables should be just covered (you may need to add a little extra water). Bring to the boil, then simmer for 4 mins until the broccoli is tender. Don’t overcook the vegetables or they will turn a dull green.
- Using a handheld stick blender, blend the soup, adding a handful of spinach at a time – the spinach will cook as it’s mixed into the soup. Blend until soup is smooth and thick.