Just in time for Christmas- Terry’s Chocolate Orange inspired Cacao & Orange Energy Balls. So whether you’re looking for healthier snacking alternative this Christmas or another energy ball flavour to keep in your back pocket then look no further- chocolate and orange is always a winning combination! I made a batch of these for the Crossfit crew and I think it’s safe to say they passed the taste test!
If you are fancying something with a bit more chocolatey indulgence then when not make a simple chocolate coating? Keep it raw and dairy free by making it from coconut oil, cacao powder, orange zest and sweeten it with maple syrup (ingredients jotted below)
100g Almonds (raw), or any other nut of your choice
2 Oranges, zested
2 tsp Orange Extract
3-4 heaped tbsp Cacao Powder
2-3 tbsp Almond Nut Butter
Choc Orange Coating
35g Coconut oil
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
50g Cacao Powder
1 Orange, zested
1tsp Orange Extract
1. Zest and juice the oranges.
2. Place the nuts into a food processor and blitz. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until fully mixed.
3. Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
4. Place balls into the freezer for 30 mins to set. Transfer to a tupperware box and store in the fridge.
Optional Chocolate Orange Coating
5. Melt coconut oil and set aside to cool. Stir in the remaining ingredients then coat each energy ball in the mixture and return to the freezer for 15-20mins to set. Store in fridge