I think crumble is always associated with the autumn and winter months but using rhubarb, which is currently in season, and strawberries definitely gives it a sweet summer twist. The chunky nutty topping is a real game changer, it’s so much more delicious and healthy than the traditional flour, butter and sugar topping- I don’t think you’ll go back! I love my served with greek or coconut yoghurt. Enjoy!
100g Jumbo Oats
50g Almond Flakes
50g Brazil Nuts
50g Macadamia Nuts
4tbsp Coconut Sugar
4tbsp Ground Almonds
6tbsp Coconut Oil
6 tbsp Honey
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180ᴼC.
2. Chop the rhubarb into small chunks. Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the rhubarb. Stew for five to ten minutes until the rhubarb has softened.
3. In the meantime hull and chop the strawberries, and once the rhubarb is ready mix the fruit with the ground almonds and coconut sugar. Place into casserole dish or divide into ramekins.
4. Blitz the macadamia and brazil nuts in a food processor for around twenty seconds, or less if you want a more chunky nutty topping.
5. Melt the coconut oil and honey over a low heat. Removed from heat and add the vanilla extract, jumbo oats, almond flakes, and macadamia and brazil nut mixture. Top over the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
6. Place in the oven for around 20 minutes until the top is golden.