For all you crumble lovers, here’s a delicious summer twist on a warming winter dessert- strawberry and peach with a super nutty topping. So no more floury crumble topping- blitzed nuts is seriously the bees knees. There’s no going back when you’ve tried it, even my mum has switched her crumble topping to this after using the traditional flour, butter and sugar for years! I made this at home and was a hit with the whole family. I served my up with a good dollop of greek yoghurt whilst the others had theirs with homemade custard or a scoop of vanilla ice cream- serve it up how you like it best. Takes around 10 minutes to prepare and 20 to 25 minutes cook time.
4 Peaches (approx 300g), peeled
4 tbsp Ground Almonds
4 tbsp Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar works)
75g Jumbo Oats
150g Mixed Nuts (50g Hazelnuts, 50g Walnuts, 50g Almonds)
50g Flaked Almonds
25g Dessicated Coconut
50g Coconut Oil
4 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Hull the strawberries and chop into chunks. Slice the peaches in half (this should make it easier to peel off the skin), peel away the skin and chop into chunks.
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a saucepan and sauté the strawberries and peaches for around 5 minutes. Stir through the ground almonds and coconut sugar. Layer mixture in an oven proof dish.
- For the topping, place the nuts in a food processor and pulse until broken down to desired consistency. Stir in the jumbo oats, flaked almonds and dessicated coconut.
- Melt the coconut oil then remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour mixture over the topping mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Layer on top of the strawberry and peach mixture and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden.