It was my birthday during the week and I had the day off work. Usually midweek mornings are a mad rush out the door for work so it was lovely to have the time on my hands to make one of my favourite breakfasts- a yummy stack of pancakes! These pancakes are super easy to make and you only need a handful of ingredients so try them out for yourself and let me know what you think. I topped mine with banana, raspberry, cacao nibs & sweet freedom choc shot sauce (because it was my birthday after all!)
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 100ml Coconut Milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- Coconut Oil (for frying)
- Cacao Nibs
- Sweet Freedom Choc Shot Sauce
1. Mix the ground almonds and baking powder together.
2. In a separate bowl or measuring jug mix the milk and egg. Add to the dry mixture and stir until evenly mixed.
3. Heat ½ tsp coconut oil over a medium heat in a non-stick pan. Once the oil has melted, spoon around 1/6 of the mixture into the pan. Heat until bubbles form around three quarters of the way through and flip to cook for another minute or two. Repeat for the rest of the mixture, adding coconut oil to the pan as required. The mix should make around 6 pancakes.
4. Serve and enjoy with your favourite toppings.